Thursday, June 19, 2014

Passion - What are you doing today?




What are you doing today?
It's a good question isn't it.

I'm having a bit of a soulful day today, reconnecting with what really gets me going.
I've been working so hard on The Black Star Boutique 
that I haven't had much down time lately.

That picture above, it isn't just a pretty picture.
That picture is my destiny, in my own metaphorical way.

It's taken me 40 years to figure this out, but I know what my true bliss is.
Writing.

I embody every weird and strange method and thought process that writers possess.  
I dig deeply and then go deeper.
It's a skill.

My one true passion is writing.
And it is the one thing that I have not tried.

If I wrote the story I have in my head to put down on paper,
I would bring you to the very brink of your vast soul,
I would send you into a flurry of tears and recreate your world all over again.

If I wrote the story I have in my head to put down on paper,
I would invoke within you the true nature of yourself,
I would send goosebumps all over you,
And you would know that my true calling was exactly what you needed to read.

Do you have something you feel that passionate about?




When I was 20 years old, I longed for the sea.
I seen my desk in front of a wide open window
It was my dream to be surrounded by this peacefulness and put my words down in history.

20 years later, I am living right by the lake.
What a better time to start my journey?
I have 20 years of stories to write.
And, it may not be the sea, but the lake will do.

What are you doing today?
I hope it's something that you really want to do.


Back to Top