Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Our Getaway in the Mountains

 Happy Wednesday!

April 2 and Spring is taking it's sweet time getting here....the joys of living in Alberta.

We took a trip to dull the winter blues last week, over to Banff, Alberta, Canada. It was so nice to get away and into the mountains.
 I thought I would share a bit of the trip with you.

Downtown Banff. It's has so many shops and pubs to visit, 
plan to spend two days in the townsite.





This is the view from the Gondola. I will admit, I was terrified going up. 
I didn't look...seriously. I was that scared.

From the top of the Gondola look out point were these


This is part of the Banff Springs Hotel.
The hotel is rumoured to be haunted and the 8th floor carries an
interesting and spine chilling story. 
We had to take a look, sure enough, the room is missing!
Read all about it HERE

On our way back home, in Canmore, Alberta, we found this!
A proper phone box.

Banff was full of people from around the world, so many British accents,
 I am sure Jason felt a bit like being home in England. 
There was even a proper British pub, we decided to save it for next trip.



Back to Top