Monday, April 7, 2014

Day One of Yoga



I've had this image on my vision board for a long time now. I think about Yoga often. It is on the "to do" list and becoming a yoga instructor is most certainly a goal I started for myself this year.

I have to laugh though...how does one become a yoga instructor when I am not even sure that yoga is for me? I mean, I attended a class a few years ago, I didn't really like it. 

In July last year, I had my fortune told by a lady at a tradeshow. She told me that I should turn away from the path I was on...the trades, and turn to my jewelry, my writing, teaching, Reiki, and yoga. She said that although I would make the income I desired from the trades {Instrumentation or Electrician}, I would be terribly unhappy. She also told me that what I most desired would be found in Yoga. I would travel to India and what I learned there I would bring back with me and teach here in Canada. She told me many things in that reading and the one thing I do remember well, was that she said, "when you prick your finger you will know that I am speaking truth and it will come true...." 
{Come on, what am I Cinderella trying on the glass slipper?}

I didn't really believe her, you know, hocus pocus, the reading was all in good fun and the power of suggestion is always strong, this I know all too well from my own Reiki practise.

However...a month later when I found out about a property that Jason did have his name on in England, which I thought was complete nonsense from the fortune teller, I started to wonder how much of what she told me was true.

Then I pricked my finger...several months later....

This morning I attended my first hot yoga class. First, I would like to say that I had no intention of going to a class at all, I was only going into the studio to find out which class might best work for me.

As it turned out, the instructor was about to lead a Vinyasa Yoga class and invited me to join in. I was hesitant, as I had not brought anything for a class, but she happily supplied me with everything I needed.

An hour and a half later...I was drenched in sweat, yet my body moved in ways I did not know it could. I found my inner strength on my mat. I let go of all that I was holding onto and understood something so much deeper. I found my tears for the death of my Dad and then I let it go. I found my forgiveness again and I found my soul...

It was buried pretty deep down in there. Something happened to me this morning, something that could potentially change my life for the better, as Reiki once did. I came home with a real smile on my face this morning, impressed with myself. I did it and something inside me had changed.

Day One of Yoga...
Perhaps that fortune teller was right



Namaste

Back to Top