Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Careful What You Wish For...


Image available at Artistico on Etsy 


Hello Lovelies!
We finally got moved into our new home in Sylvan Lake, Alberta.
It's been a little while since my last blog post and it is because things were very busy.

Moving away from friends and family was a hard decision for me. I admit I wanted a simpler and prettier lifestyle, but I wasn't sure if a move would be the best.

Fear filled my little heart at every twist and turn during the process...

A new life had begun when I met Jason and with that comes brand new opportunities.
My journey in life has left me with a zest for adventure, despite that fear that held me back. Some people can do the same thing on a daily basis and live in the same place forever. For me, it just doesn't work. I knew my time in Fort Saskatchewan was done.

Jason and I have started on a new path and as I sit here in my extra large kitchen and look out the big window at the sunshine that seemingly always shines here, I breath a sigh of relief that I overcame that fear.

Our new home is massively large, much more than I am used to. It includes a fireplace, infrared sauna, heated floors, and stainless steel appliances. 
I could get used to this...but I am still on the lookout for that cute little cottage.

Living here in Sylvan Lake will give us access to the lake and waterslides all summer long. Did I mention the mountain view yet? We are only a few short hours from Banff, but if you just drive west an hour you are in the Rocky Mountains. It's bliss. The skies are blue, the clouds are white, and the air is clean.

No more pollution, no more refineries, no more urban lifestyle.
A fresh new start.

Meeting Jason has changed my life for the better in so many ways. We're both adventurous and creative and active doers of life. In our meeting I am finding more and more people like myself and it gives me an enormous sense of being exactly where I belong. My path in life, with all it's twists and turns and bumps, lead me here. Awaiting this new adventure with a partner that was made just for me.

My son and daughter were both very upset when I announced we would be moving. It put fear in them too. My son recently has expressed that he is happy here, he just needs to make some new friends, but he appreciates the fresh air and the new home. My daughter, well...she has a boyfriend back in Fort Saskatchewan, so, you know, she has mixed emotions. Funny enough she was begging me to move away only a few months before...I told her she should be careful what she wishes for, you just never know when you're wish is right around the corner....

Have a lovely Tuesday afternoon.
Back to Top