Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Solitude


Solitude is something that we don't get a lot of these days. We are constantly on our phones, computers, or running in this race of life to get this done and to get that done.

When was the last time you sat with just yourself in silence? 

I find at times that I am unable to do this and yet it is fundamental in my practise as a Reiki Master, designer, and blogger. 

I know when I need the solitude. I can feel it in every essence of my cells. I begin to get annoyed with all the activities, people, and  chatter around me. It's when I disconnect, even if only for awhile. 

I leave my phone on another floor of the house, I shutdown my computer, turn of the TV, and just sit. At first it is very irritating and uneasy. The quiet makes me fearful, but soon this dissipates. It is in those moments after that my creative ideas flow. I find if I am unsure of making a decision, it becomes crystal clear in solitude. 

From Paulo Coelho on solitude: 
http://paulocoelhoblog.com/2014/01/15/on-solitude-2/

Enjoy the silence xx
Back to Top